Heating & Air Conditioning | Cincinnati

My life was saved from owning carbon monoxide detectors

My wife and I bought our first house together just three months ago, but the short time has seen lots of disorder and chaos.

We sadly lost one of our three dogs to old age right before we had to start packing up the house, which gave us all heavy hearts throughout the process. Once we had started moving our stuff into the house, we struggled to get the energy company to turn on the electricity while making simultaneous calls to the county utilities department to have the water turned on as well. But, even when we had everything moved over and all of the obstacles in the road seemed to be cleared, we were forced to replace our air conditioner when it suddenly stopped working one afternoon. Even though it’s getting colder here by the day, I like to have it to use if it warms up a lot in the midday hours. Plus, we didn’t want to delay the repairs and be without AC when we need it the most. The furnace seemed fine when we turned it on so we opted to keep it. That was a huge error on our part and the only reason my wife and I are still alive is because of a suggestion a hardware store employee made to me while I was buying paint one evening. I told him I just bought a house and was getting it ready for move in; that’s when he mentioned how important carbon monoxide detectors are in houses with gas lines. Our does so for the added $30, I decided to go ahead and buy a few to install next to our existing smoke detectors. On the first night we tried using our furnace, the carbon monoxide detectors went off just an hour after the heating system was turned on. We might have that hardware store employee to thank for still being alive today.
furnace

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *