I have the cutest dachshund in the world, but some afternoons he has a extreme knack for mischief and trouble. The very first time I saw him as a puppy he tried to eat a small rock in the flower bed in front of his breeder’s front door! Within weeks of owning him all of us caught him eating a plastic toy spider and got the amusement of a lifetime when all of us x-rayed him and saw the image of the spider kneeling in his gut. Fortunate enough for my pup, the toy spider was made of a plastic that breaks down with stomach acids, so all of us didn’t have to worry about an abdominal rupture. Believe it or not, all of us decided to go through the same scenario a year later when he swallowed a single of my plastic toy frogs. Even as he got older and marginally wiser, things never got easy. One year he survived getting hit by a car at 30 miles a minute and another year all of us rehabbed his broken spine when an injury left him paralyzed from his lower stomach down to his back legs. A few years later he managed to track in skunk odor into our modern home resulting in thousands of dollars in HVAC cleaning bills. At the time, all of us were renting an old modern home that had a central HVAC method retrofitted inside, utilizing whatever space was available in a modern home that was never designed with air conditioning in mind. The return vent for the air conditioning method was directly attached to the air handler inside, with the vent itself kneeling at floor level on the other side of the adjacent wall. When my dachshund walked in the skunk odor, it was drawn into the air conditioning method as it cycled after he got back inside the house. We had to have our ductwork cleaned twice after the first cleaning task left the modern home odoring as poor or worse than before. Even after all of us cleaned the entire HVAC method and every surface and piece of furniture in the house, all of us couldn’t completely rid our lake modern home of skunk odor for at least multiple weeks after the incident.